The multiplayer capability of the Nintendo DS blows my mind. I love it! You can play multiplayer games even if you own only one copy of the game too. Here’s how to connect to another Nintendo DS so you can play with friends.
If you have copies of the game for all players, all you do is make sure that all of the devices are within about 60 feet of one another. Then with the games inserted, turn the systems on. From here it’s different with each game. Access the multiplayer options within the game. Consult the manual if you need more help.
If you have a single game cartridge, the procedure is a little different.
1. Start with all devices off. Place a game inside one of the systems. This DS will be known as the Host System.
2. Turn both systems on.
3. Start the game on the Host System.
4. On the other system (client) tap DS Download Play on the DS Menu Screen.
5. Choose the game you wish to download. Select Yes to confirm your selection.
6. This is where the options differ depending on the game you are playing. Select the multiplayer options within the game and you should be able to play.