Setup Hotmail on your Android powered Nexus One via POP3 smartphone with these steps.
1. Go into Settings > Wireless & Networks and uncheck Wi-Fi. You have to be on your phone providers network for this to work.
2. Open the Email app.
3. Press Menu and select Accounts.
4. Press Menu and select Add account.
5. Enter your Hotmail username and password, then tap Manual setup.
6. Tap POP3 account.
7. Enter the following info for Incoming server settings.
Username: Your hotmail address (be sure to include @hotmail)
Password: The password to your Hotmail account.
POP3 server: pop3.live.com
Security type: SSL
Then scroll down and tap Next.
8. Enter the following info for Outgoing server settings:
SMTP server: smtp.live.com
Security type: TLS
9. Choose account options as desired. Tap Next when ready.
10. Give the account a name. Tap Done when ready.
11. That’s it! Hotmail should be all setup on your phone.