Hard reset your T-Mobile MyTouch 4G smartphone if you want to wipe all data and return the configuration to factory default settings. You may use a hard reset as a last resort for when you experience problems with the MyTouch 4G that you can’t solve by other means.
Be sure to backup any data you wish to save from the phone before performing these steps. Also be sure to disconnect the phone from any power sources.
1. Turn the MyTouch 4G off. If it’s frozen and not responding to commands, you may want to pull the battery from the device to force it off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button.
3. Press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds then release. Continue to hold Volume Down.
4. When you see the Android logo appear, you may then release Volume Down.
5. Now use the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight Factory reset.
6. Press the Power button to select.
The hard reset process will begin. It may take a few minutes to complete, then the MyTouch 4G will restart as normal.