You can factory hard reset your Motorola XOOM tablet to default settings and data. These steps are mainly used if you cannot resolve a problem with the device using any other method. It may also be used if you are returning the device to the store or transferring ownership. Be sure to backup your data using one of many apps in the Market before doing any of these steps.
1. From the Home screen, select Apps.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Select Privacy.
4. Select Factory data reset.
5. Tap Reset tablet.
6. Select Erase everything.
The factory reset process will then begin. Allow a few minutes before the device restarts.
1. Start with the Xoom off, then press Power to turn it on.
2. When the Motorola logo appears, press and hold the Volume Down button until you see text appear in the upper-left corner of the screen.
3. Press Volume Up. The Android logo should appear with a yellow triangle.
4. Press and hold the Power button, then press Volume Up.
5. Press the Volume down key to highlight wipe data/factory reset.
6. Press Power to make the selection.
7. Press the Volume Down key to highlight Yes — delete all user data.
8. Press Power.
9. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.Last modified March 22, 2012