I use the Email app on my Motorola Droid for Yahoo Mail. I recently changed the password I use for IMAP access on the Yahoo site and stopped getting email on my phone because it couldn’t access my account. I had to set a new password within the Email app. Here’s how.
Note: These steps are for the standard Email app, not Gmail. If you need to reset your Gmail password on your Droid, see Droid: Change Gmail Password
1. Open the Email app.
2. Press the Menu button located below the display screen.
3. Tap Account settings.
4. Scroll down to the Server settings section and tap Incoming settings.
5. Type your new password in the Password field.
6. Scroll down and tap Next. A connection will be made to verify if the credentials you supplied are correct.
Note: Steps 7-9 may not be required for your configuration.
7. Tap Outgoing settings.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and type your new password in the Password field.
9. Tap Next. A connection will be made to verify if the credentials you supplied are correct.
You have successfully reset the email password on your Motorola Droid.