Access and manage your email right from your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet. Here’s how to add and remove email accounts.
Adding an email account
1. Open Email under the Apps list. If you haven’t setup an email account yet, tap Start and you will be prompted to select an email provider. If you have already setup an email account, you will have to select Menu > Add account.
2. Choose the email provider. In this example we will use Yahoo as an example. If your email provider is not listed, select Other. You will need to obtain the POP3 or IMAP server settings from your email provider.
3. Type your username and password, then tap Next. If you selected Other in step 2, you will need to type your entire email address and password.
4. The settings for the listed email providers will automatically be detected, and your email account will be setup. You can then type a name to be used when you send messages and an account name. If you selected Other in step 2, you will need to enter your Incoming server settings obtained from your provider. Tap Next, then enter your Outgoing server settings, also obtained from your provider. Tap Next and you will then be prompted for how often you’d like the Kindle Fire to check your email. Make a selection, then tap Next. Tap View your inbox and the email account is added.
Deleting an email account
1. Open the Email app.
2. Tap Menu > Accounts.
3. Tap and hold the email account you wish to remove until a menu appears.
4. Tap Remove account and the account will be deleted.