To get a music CD transferred over to your iPod, iPhone or iPad, you’ll have to import it into iTunes first. Here’s how to transfer specific songs or all songs from a CD.
1. Open iTunes and insert the CD that you wish to import into the disc drive.
2. You might get a prompt to import the CD. If you want to import every song on the disc, select Yes and skip to Step 5. If you only want to import specific songs from the CD, click No.
3. Select the menu on the top-left side of the iTunes window and select the audio CD in the list.
4. Check the items you wish to import to iTunes, then select Import CD.
5. Select your preferences for the import. You can use the AAC Encoder, MP3 or other. Select OK once you’re done with your selections.
6. If your music library already contains tracks from the album you are importing, you will receive a prompt to overwrite them. Choose to Replace Existing or Don’t Replace as desired.
7. Wait while the music is ripped to your iTunes library.
8. Once the import is complete, attach your Apple device to the computer.
9. You can now drag the album to the right side of the iTunes window where a pane will appear containing the music on your device. Drop it right on your iPod or other device.
10. Eject your iPod when it’s done transferring the songs and enjoy.