Easily copy the music from your Apple iTunes music library between computers by enabling the Home Sharing feature using this tutorial.
Note: This tutorial is geared toward iTunes version 12.
>> Perform these steps on all computers you wish to share music with. <<
- Enable the Menu Bar.
- Select “File” > “Home Sharing” > “Turn On Home Sharing“.
- If prompted for a username and password, enter your Apple Store credentials.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 for any other computers you wish to share music between. Ensure all computers are connected to the same network.
- Click “Edit” > “Preferences“.
- Select the “Sharing” tab.
- Check “Share my library on my local network to share your entire library“. Optionally, you could select “Share selected playlists“, then check individual playlists if you wish to limit sharing. You can also require a password for access to the library allow play counts to be updated through sharing usage.
- You will have a home icon located in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window you can use to view music from other computers on the home network. You can then copy any music from a shared library by dragging it left. A sidebar will appear as you drag.