Unfortunately, iTunes doesn’t provide a way to sync Firefox bookmarks to the iPhone or iPad. There is a workaround though. To import Bookmarks from Firefox, you first will have to import them into Safari, then sync them into your Apple device.
- Download and install Safari on your PC. We will use it as a tool in this process.
- Open Firefox.
- Hold down CTRL + Shift and press B to bring up all bookmarks, or select Firefox > Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks.
- Select Import and Backup > Export HTML…
- Give the bookmark file a name and click Save. Here we saved it as bookmarks.html on the Desktop.
- Open Safari on the PC.
- Click File > Import Bookmarks… If you don’t have this menu, you may have to click the gear and select Show Menu Bar.
- Select the bookmark file you saved in steps 3 and 4.
- The bookmarks are imported into Safari to a folder marked with today’s date. You may want to organize them differently by dragging them to a different folder, because how they are organized in Safari on your PC is how they will be organized once they are synced to the iPhone or iPad.
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
- Select the iPhone or iPad button at the upper-right corner. If you have the sidebar enabled, select the device in the left pane.
- Click Info toward the upper-right of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Other section and check the Sync bookmarks with box and choose Safari in the dropdown menu.
- Click Switch if prompted to confirm your selection.
- Click Apply at the bottom-right corner and sync your iPod Touch.
The bookmarks will now be transferred to the device and available to use in Safari for iOS.
Mac OS X
- Open Safari for Mac and select File > Import Bookmarks…
- Find your bookmark file under your Home folder, then Library > Application Support > Firefox > Profiles > user folder.
- Double-click the file called bookmarks.html.
- Connect your iPhone and select it on the left pane in iTunes.
- Click on the Info button.
- In the Web Browser section, turn on Sync Safari bookmarks and click Apply.