There has been an issue with the recent iPhone update where it leaves the phone in Recovery Mode. Here are some steps that have been known to fix this problem for Windows users:
1. Disconnect your iPhone from the computer.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Connect the iPhone to the computer.
4. Select Install Drivers Later on the dialog that appears.
5. Hold down the Windows Key and press R.
6. Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
7. Right-click Apple Mobile Device listed under Other Devices and then select Properties.
8. Select Browse…
9. Point it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support and click OK.
The install should finish and your iPhone should now be all good.