You may need to force quit apps on the Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch whenever it has become frozen and unresponsive. Force quitting an app will kill the application immediately allowing you to try using it again. Current data in the app may be lost when you perform these steps, but it’s often the only thing left to do.
To force quit the app you are currently using, simply press and hold the Home button until the program you are using exits. That’s all there is to it!
Alternately, you can also perform these steps:
1. Press the Home button twice rapidly. A list of running apps should appear.
2. Swipe the app you wish to close upward.
The app will then be closed.
iOS6 and lower
1. Press the Home button once to go to the Home screen.
2. Press the Home button twice rapidly.
3. A list of apps that are currently running will appear at the bottom of the screen. Swipe left or right along the bottom until you see the app you wish to close.
4. Tap and hold any app until you see a red icon appear.
5. Tap the red icon on the app you wish to close.
You have successfully learned how to force quit apps on the Apple iPad.
My device is not responding to anything I do. Do you have any other suggestions?
You may have to force a reset of the entire device. This can be done by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake/Power button on the top of the device along with the Home button until it resets. This can take anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds.