Many people are switching over to cloud-based services. If you’re moving from Microsoft Outlook over to your Windows Live Mail/Hotmail account, you may want to take your Outlook Contacts with you. We’ll show you how to import your Contacts from Outlook into your Windows Live Mail account.
First you have to export your contacts from Outlook to a CSV file.
1. In Outlook, select File > Import and Export…
2. One the first screen of the wizard, select Export to a file, then click Next.
3. Select Comma Separated Values (DOS), then click Next.
4. Choose Contacts in the list, then click Next.
5. Save the file to a location. Click the Browse… button if you want to avoid typing the full path. Click Next.
6. Click Finish.
7. The file is exported with a .CSV extension.
Now that we have our export file, we can import the contents of it into Windows Live Mail/Hotmail.
8. Login to your Hotmail account.
9. Select the Contacts option on the left pane.
10. Click the Manage link and select Import.
11. Under the Add people from other services section, select the Outlook option.
12. Click the Microsoft Outlook (using CSV) selection, then click the Choose File button.
13. Select the file you exported from Outlook in steps 1 through 7.
14. Click the Import contacts button.
After a few seconts the contacts should import to Windows Live Mail/Hotmail successfully.Last modified January 24, 2012