A hard reset will set your HTC OneX smartphone back to factory default settings. You may want to do this if you are selling the device, returning it to the retailer or just want to start fresh after experiencing problems with the device. Just follow these steps.
There are two different methods for performing a hard reset. One can be done from within the Android OS, and the other can be done while the device is starting up.
Note: These steps will delete data. Ensure you have your data synced or backed up. If you just want to soft reset the device without erasing data, simply hold the Power button down until it powers off.
From Android OS
1. Slide down the notification bar and select the gear.
2. Select Storage.
3. Choose Factory data reset.
4. Select Reset Phone.
5. Select Erase everything.
Wait while the device performs the reset.
1. Power the HTC OneX off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button.
3. Continue to hold both buttons until you see an Android logo.
4. Toggle the selection to the Factory Reset option using the Volume Down button.
5. Press Power to choose the selection.
Wait a few moments while the reset completes. You have successfully erased all data from the HTC OneX.