You can install APK files on your HTC Droid Incredible as an alternative to using the Android Market for installing apps. APK files can be found in third-party app stores and on developer websites. Once you acquire an app in this format, here’s how you can go about installing it on your Incredible.
Note: Before performing these steps, enable Unknown sources under Settings > Applications. Otherwise you’ll get parser errors
1. Download and install Astro File Manager from the Android Market.
2. Attach your Droid Incredible to your computer via the USB cable.
3. On the device, slide the notification bar down and tap USB connected.
4. Tap Mount.
5. The device will show up as a removable disk on your computer. Copy the APK file to it. You can place it anywhere in the file structure.
6. Slide the notification bar down and tap Turn off USB storage.
7. Tap Turn Off.
8. Open Astro File Manager.
9. Navigate to the APK file location on the SD Card. Tap it and select Open App Manager.
10. Tap Install.
11. Tap Install again.
That’s all! The installation should complete, and you should now be able to use the app on the Droid Incredible.Last modified March 21, 2012