You may want to perform a hard reset on the Verizon Samsung Stratosphere2 if it has become frozen or is unresponsive to commands. There are two ways this can be done.
Note: Some people refer to a hard reset as a way to force a device to reset when frozen. It can also be referred to as a soft reset. You can force a restart of the Stratosphere2 by removing and reinserting the battery or pressing and holding the Power button. Doing so will not erase data from the phone.
Note2: The steps below will erase data from your phone. Make a backup if you have any data you need to save. Data on the SD card such as photos and music should be preserved, but we advise you to make a backup just in case.
1. From the Home screen, select Apps.
2. Scroll to the screen with the Settings icon and select it.
3. Choose Back up and reset.
4. Choose Factory data reset.
5. Select Reset Device, then Delete all.
1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously until a menu appears.
2. Using the volume buttons, select wipe data / factory reset, then press Power to make the selection.
3. Using the volume buttons, select Yes, then press Power to make the selection.
You have successfully performed a hard reset on the Samsung Stratosphere2 smartphone.Last modified January 26, 2013