If you’re having problems with the HTC MyTouch 3G Slide, then you probably need to perform a hard reset to clear all of the data off of the phone and start fresh. Follow the steps below to perform the hard reset.
1. Turn the MyTouch 3G Slide off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out and put it back in.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button while powering the device back on.
3. A menu will come up, use the volume up/down buttons to select Clear Storage.
4. Press and release the Power button
5. Confirm your selection by pressing Volume Up for yes, and Volume Down for no.
Once this is complete and it restarts the phone, all data should be back to factory defaults.