There are two ways you can hard reset your HTC Evo view tablet. A hard reset will wipe all data and settings from the memory of the device and return it to factory default settings. Here is both the software and hardware methods.
1. Shut the device off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button while pressing the Power button to turn on the device.
3. Once the display lights up , release the Volume Down button.
4. Once a menu appears, use the Volume Down button to toggle the selection to Factory Reset.
5. Press Power to make your selection.
1. From any home screen, press the Menu button.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Storage.
4. Choose Factory data reset.
5. Select Reset tablet.
The HTC Evo View may take a few minutes to complete the hard reset. Be patient and don’t disrupt the process. Once it’s complete, all settings and data will be set to factory defaults. Data on the SD card is preserved unless you choose to format it separately.Last modified March 21, 2012