One of the first things you may want to do when you get your Amazon Kindle Fire is download books to the device. You can download books from the Amazon store or from third-party websites. Here’s how to do both.
From the device
1. Select Books from the main screen.
2. Tap Store.
3. Browse or search for a book. Once you select one you want, select Buy. An option to Try a Sample may be available for most books. Prime members may have an option to Borrow for Free.
If you wish to try this out without having to spend money, there is a “Free” section at the bottom of the Store screen.
From a web browser
2. Choose a book, and set it to Deliver to your kindle, then click Buy now.
If you wish to practice these steps without spending money, have a look at the free classics available on Amazon.
You can download books in PDF, TXT, MOBI, and PRC formats and read them in the Docs app on your Kindle Fire. Find some great suggestions for free ebooks by reading our post, Where to Download Free eBooks For Your Nook or Kindle.
For this example, we will download a PDF ebook file from PlaneteBook and save it to the Kindle Fire.
1. From a PC, choose a book that interests you and download it. I recommend the 1 page version.
2. Once you have the file saved to your PC, use these steps to send it over to your Kindle Fire. You will then be able to read the book from the Docs app.
That just about covers everything you need to know about how to download books to Kindle Fire. If you need additional help, feel free to leave a comment below.