If you want to keep the clutter off your Amazon Kindle Fire HD8 or HD10, you’ll have to learn how to delete books and documents from the device.
- From the main screen, swipe over to “Books“, then tap “Library“.
- Select the “Downloaded” section.
- Tap and hold the book you wish to delete, then select the “Trash” icon at the upper-right corner.
If you don’t have a “Trash” icon, you are likely viewing “All” books that are stored in the Amazon Cloud.
If you wish to remove books completely, you will need to manage your Kindle Fire books on the Amazon website. From there, you can choose “Actions” on the book(s) and select “Delete” from library.
- From the main screen, select “Home“, then open the “Docs” app.
- Select “Local Storage“.
- Tap and hold the document you wish to remove. A check should appear on the document.
- Select any other documents you wish to remove, then select the “Trash” icon at the upper-right corner of the screen.
If you sent the document to your device via email, it will still be listed on the Amazon website. You can go to the section of Amazon to manage your Kindle Fire, then follow these steps:
- Select the “Show” menu, then choose “Docs“.
- Select the “Actions” button next to the book you wish to remove.
- Choose “Delete” from library if you wish to remove permanently it from the site and your Kindle Fire.
That covers about all you need to know on how to delete books and docs from Kindle Fire HD8 and HD10.