If you want to keep the clutter off your Amazon Kindle Fire, you’ll have to learn how to delete books and documents from the device.
1. Select Books on the home screen.
2. Select Device at the top of the screen.
3. Tap and hold the book you wish to delete, then select Remove from Device.
If you wish to remove the books listed under the Cloud section, you will need to manage your Kindle Fire books on the Amazon website. There you can select Books, choose Actions on the book and select Delete from library. For some books like the Oxford Dictionary, this is the only way to remove it from the device. You can also select Deliver to my… to re-download any book to the device again.
1. Tap Docs on the home screen.
2. Tap and hold the document you wish to remove until a menu appears above it. Tap Delete.
If you sent the document to your device via email, it will still be listed on the Amazon website. You can go to the section of Amazon to manage your Kindle Fire, then select Actions > Delete from library if you wish to remove permanently it from the site, or Deliver to my… to resend it to your Kindle Fire.
That covers about all you need to know on how to delete books and docs from Kindle Fire.