It’s good to clear the Google Chrome cache every once in awhile. The Chrome cache pre-stores files like images and web pages that sit on your hard drive for faster access if you were to visit the same pages again or pages that have the same components. Having this data on the hard drive can be a privacy issue for some people. Here’s how to clear the data.
1. Select the Menu button in the upper-right corner.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click the Show advanced settings… option toward the bottom of the window.
4. Click Clear browsing data…
5. Choose the period of time you wish to delete cached information using the Obliterate the following items from drop down menu. After that, check the boxes for the types of information you wish to delete.
- Clear browsing history
- Clear download history
- Empty the cache
- Delete cookies
- Clear saved passwords
6. Click Clear Browsing Data when you’re ready, and you’re done!