Widgets are my favorite thing in the Android OS. I like being able to look on my home screen and get instant information. The factory default widgets on the home screen of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 weren’t very useful me, so I removed them and added some others I found more useful. Here’s how it’s done
- Tap and hold the widget you wish to remove for about 2 seconds. The widget will grow in size.
- Continue to hold the widget, then drag it down to the trashcan that appears at the top of the screen.
- Tap and hold a blank area of the Home screen until a menu appears.
- Select “Apps and widgets“.
- Select the “Widgets” tab at the top of the screen.
- Swipe left and right to navigate to the widget that you want to use.
- Tap and hold the widget you wish to add. The screen will switch to where you can drag the widget to a position on your Home screen.
Note: While performing Step 5, you can drag the widget to the left or right sides of the screen to switch to a different Home screen.
How do I delete items from the list of widgets on the “Widgets” tab?
Widgets are included along with the apps installed on the device. You will need to uninstall the apps that come with their respective widgets to remove them from the “Widgets” tab. Not all apps can be uninstalled though. Therefore, not all widgets can be removed.
If you want to remove widgets from the list without uninstalling their respective apps, you might be able to just get rid of the widget by moving it to the SD card. Apps that are moved from device memory to the SD card will not appear in the widget list. Not all apps can be moved to the SD card though.