Many Samsung Galaxy S4 users are experiencing a problem with their phones where icons are missing from the App Launcher. A quick look at the Google Play Store or Application Manager will show that their apps are installed, but they have no way to launch them as the icons are gone.
This appears to be a problem with the Touchwiz Launcher. Clearing the data from TouchWiz Home will clear this problem, but it will reset all of your Home screen and launcher settings back to their defaults.
Follow these steps:
1. From the Home screen, press Menu and select Settings.
2. Select the More tab.
3. Choose Application manager.
4. Swipe over to the All tab.
5. Scroll down and select TouchWiz home.
6. Tap the Clear data button.
Now if you tap the App Launcher, all of your apps should now appear.