Use these steps to connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to your PC so that you may transfer files between the device and computer.
- Windows users should download and install the USB drivers for the Galaxy Note 7. Mac users can download and install Android File Transfer.
- Connect the device to an available USB port using the included USB cable. You can also use a micro USB cable from a previous Android device by utilizing the included micro-USB to USB-C adapter.
- A prompt will appear on the screen of the phone that says “USB Charging“. Drag the notification area down, tap it, then make a selection based on what you wish to do with the device. You may have a to make a selection on your PC to transfer media before this option appears on the phone.
- Charging – Just charge the battery.
- Supplying power – Charge phone using USB.
- File Transfer – Connect the phone to your computer to transfer files. Windows users can look under Computer and find the device listed under Portable Devices.
- Photo Transfer – Transfer camera photos to your computer.
- Software installation – Install software for your phone on your PC or Mac.
- MIDI – Use the phone as a Musical Instrument Digital Interface player.
Mirror Galaxy Note 7 Screen on PC
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has the ability to mirror your screen to a Windows or Mac PC so that you may interact with your device from your computer. Use these steps to get started.
- Ensure your Note 7 is NOT connected to the computer.
- Download and install SideSync on your computer.
- Download and install SideSync on your Note 7.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 7 to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC, or connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
- Start “SideSync” on your PC.
- Launch “SideSync“on your Note 7.
- The app should find your PC. Select it from the list of available devices.
- From the PC, confirm that you would like the device to connect to your PC.
- You will have many options using SideSync from the PC, including a “Phone screen” option that will allow you to actually use your phone from your PC. You can also select the “Folder” icon if you wish to transfer files using the SideSync software.
Connect Note 7 to Windows via Bluetooth
- From note Note 7, go to “Settings” > “Bluetooth” and turn Bluetooth on. Ensure your Android is set to be discoverable via Bluetooth.
- From Windows, go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Bluetooth“.
- An option that says “SM-N930x” should display in the list of devices. Select the “Pair” button next to it.
Why is my computer is not detecting my device?
Usually, the cable is the problem. Try another USB cable to see if it works. Also try to plug it into a different port on your computer.
This post applies to the SM-N930V, SM-N930A, SM-N930P, and SM-N930F versions of the device.