Factory reset the Droid RAZR if you wish to set it back to factory default settings and clear all data from the device. A factory reset may be necessary if you are changing ownership of the phone or if the phone has malfunctioned in a way that cannot be fixed. There are two different methods for performing a factory reset.
Using the buttons before startup
1. Power the device off.
2. Power the device back on then press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the right side of the device until a Boot Mode Selection Menu appears.
3. Press Volume Down to highlight Recovery, then press Volume Up.
4. From the “triage” screen, press Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time. A menu will appear. (You may have to try this several times before it works)
5. Use the volume buttons to toggle the selection to wipe data / factory reset, then press Power to select it.
6. Choose Yes.
7. The Droid RAZR will then start the factory reset process. Once completed, you will be prompted to select Reboot.
Using the Android menus
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Select Privacy.
3. Tap Factory data reset.
4. Check the Erase SD card box if you wish to format over the photos, music and other content on the SD card. If this box is not checked, only system memory will be formatted.
5. Select Reset phone.
6. Tap Erase everything.
The Droid RAZR will complete the factory reset. All data and settings will be cleared. If you wish to restore data, most of it, like the items from your Contacts or Calendar should be resynced from your Google account and your apps (even the ones you paid for) can be re-downloaded from the Android Market.