Your friend posted a picture of you on Facebook that you don’t want anybody to see. Even worse, they tagged you. So now the photo is out there for your friends to see. Luckily you can remove the tag from the photo.
Full Version Site
1. From the photo the page is on use the “Options” link to select “Report/Remove Tag“.
2. Provide a reason for deleting the tag. Most of the time, you can select “I want to untag myself“, then select “Remove Tag“.
1. From the photo page, scroll down a bit and select the “Report/Remove Tag” link.
2. Check the “I want to untag myself” box, then select “Continue“.
Android or iOS app
1. Navigate to “Photos“, then select the photo.
2. Tap the “Menu” button. On Android, this could be the physical “Menu” button below the screen, or a button with three lines. On iOS, it is a button with three dots.
3. Select “Report photo“.
4. Check the “I want to untag myself” box, then select “Continue“.
You may ask “What happens if somebody else tags me in the photo again?”. Well, they won’t be able to. Once you remove your tag, anybody after that will get an error when they attempt to tag you again. They could delete the photo, upload it again, then tag it again.