Learn how to make your Microsoft Excel 2016 or 2013 spreadsheets look extra nice by flipping cell text sideways. This is often done at the top of columns that may have longer words at the top, but not so long words in lower cells. It enables you to fit more content in a smaller area. This tutorial shows you how it’s done.
- Select the cells you would like to flip sideways.
- Select the “Home” tab.
- In the “Alignment” group, select the icon that looks like ‘ab’ with an arrow. You can then choose how you want the text rotated.
- If you want more options, you can customize the angle of the rotation by selecting the arrow in the “Alignment” area.
- Now you have more options for the angle. Position the line exactly how you want the words to be flipped, then click “OK“.
- The words in each cell are now arranged as you selected. The cell will automatically shrink to the new horizontal size.