Perform a factory reset on your HTC Evo Shift smartphone if you wish to return the phone data and settings back to its out of the box default settings.
Warning: These steps will wipe all data from the device memory. If you have any valuable data on the phone, you will want to backup the phone. SD card data should be preserved, but as a precaution, you may want to backup SD card data as well.
Hardware reset option
1. With the phone off, press and hold the Volume Down button and tap the Power button.
2. Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the display screen lights up.
3. A menu will appear. Use the Volume Down button to highlight Clear Storage.
4. Press the Power button to select Clear Storage.
Using the selections in the OS
1. From the Home scree, tap the Menu button.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Select Privacy.
4. Choose Factory data reset.
5. Select Reset phone.