The location of the setting where you enable the single-click of icons to open them always escapes me. I can never find it when I want to change it on my Mom’s computer. Single-click irritates me, but here’s how to enable or disable it in Windows 7, Vista and XP.
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Select Appearance and Personalization.
3. Choose Specify single- or double-click to open.
4. In the click items as follows section, choose between Single click to open an item or Double-click to open an item.
1. Click Start > Control Panel.
2. Open Folders.
3. Check the option for Single click to open an item to enable single-click to open items. Check Double-click to open item to disable the single-click feature.