The location of the setting where you enable the single-click of icons to open them always escapes me. I can never find it when I want to change it on my Mom’s computer. Single-click irritates me, but here’s how to enable or disable it in Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP.
Windows 8, 7, & Vista
- Open the “Control Panel“.
- Select “Appearance and Personalization“.
- Choose “Specify single- or double-click to open“.
- In the click items as follows section, choose between “Single click to open an item” or “Double-click to open an item“.
- Click “Start“ > “Control Panel“.
- Open Folders.
- Check the option for Single click to open an item to enable single-click to open items. Check Double-click to open item to disable the single-click feature.