The Motorola Droid X smartphone can give your Wi-Fi enabled devices an Internet connection through it’s 3G Hotspot capabilities. Here’s how to set it up.
Note: You must subscribe to the Wi-Fi hotspot service via Verizon Wireless in order to use this feature.
1. Open the 3G Mobile Hotspot app.
2. Tap Menu > Advanced > WiFi AP mode Settings.
3. Modify the following settings as needed:
- SSID - Name for your connection Next.
- Security - Select the type of security you want. This will prevent unauthorized access. WPA2 is recommended by IEEE.
- Channel - Select a channel that minimizes potential
Tap Save when the settings are complete.
4. To activate the hotspot, open the 3G Mobile Hotspot and select Tap to start Mobile Hotspot service.Last modified March 21, 2012