The Motorola Droid X smartphone can give your Wi-Fi enabled devices an Internet connection through it’s 3G Hotspot capabilities. Here’s how to set it up.
Note: You must subscribe to the Wi-Fi hotspot service via Verizon Wireless in order to use this feature.
1. Open the 3G Mobile Hotspot app.
2. Tap Menu > Advanced > WiFi AP mode Settings.
3. Modify the following settings as needed:
- SSID - Name for your connection Next.
- Security - Select the type of security you want. This will prevent unauthorized access. WPA2 is recommended by IEEE.
- Channel - Select a channel that minimizes potential
Tap Save when the settings are complete.
4. To activate the hotspot, open the 3G Mobile Hotspot and select Tap to start Mobile Hotspot service.