If there is a way to create photo album folders in the Gallery app on the Motorola Droid handheld, I cannot find it. It is useful to have different picture folders separated for different occasions. Of course you can do this by attaching the device to your computer and create folders that way, but I’d like to be able to do it from the Droid itself. Luckily I found a way.
1. Download and install Astro File Manager (free) from the Market.
2. Open Astro File Manager and navigate to /sdcard/DCIM/Camera.
3. All of your photos and movies will be displayed. Here you can create new folders to organize them in by pressing Menu > New.
4. Select Directory.
5. Give the folder a name. Tap Create when you’re done.
6. The folder is now created, but for it to show up in Gallery, the folder must have photos in it. To move folders into the folder you’ve created, follow these steps in Astro File Manager:
- Tap and hold the photo you wish to move until a menu appears. If you wish to move multiple photos, tap Multi on the toolbar on the top of the screen, select the photos you wish to move, then long tap on one of the photos.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap Move.
- Tap and hold the folder you wish to move it to (the folder you created. Holiday in this example).
- Tap Edit.
- Tap Paste, and the photo will be moved to the new folder.
7. Now in Gallery, your photos will be organized the way you want them to be with different photo albums.