Users of the Verizon Motorola Droid 2 smartphone are reporting that the Google Calendar isn’t syncing up with their device. Luckily there is a little workaround you can perform to fix the issue.
1. From the Home screen press Menu.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Applications.
4. Select Manage applications.
5. Tap Calendar Storage.
6. Tap Clear data.
See if your Google Calendar syncs now. If it doesn’t sync after about 15 minutes, try option 2 below.
1. Have another Google account ready to use as a “dummy account” to be added to the device. Use a friend’s or create one.
2. Add the new account under Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account.
3. The Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail and Sync Calendar options should now appear under both accounts. Let the Droid 2 sit for about 5 minutes.
4. Delete the “dummy account” by tapping it on the Accounts & sync screen and selecting Remove account.
Your Google Calendar should now be synced with your original account on the Phone.Last modified March 21, 2012