If you’re having problems with your Dell Streak 7 tablet and nothing else seems to work, or if you just want clear off the data before you sell it, you may want to do a factory hard reset to return the phone to its original factory state.
Note: These steps clear data from the device. Information on your SD card like photos and music are not erased unless you choose to format the SD card.
Software Hard Reset
If the device is still functional, then follow these steps first to hard reset your Dell Streak 7.
1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button and tap Settings, or tap Settings from the Application Slider.
2. Select Privacy.
3. Select Factory Data Reset.
4. A confirmation screen comes up, press the Reset Tablet button.
5. Enter your password if you have one setup, and press Erase Everything to perform the hard reset.
Hardware Hard Reset
If the device isn’t functioning at all, try these steps to hard reset the Dell Streak 7.
1. Open the slot cover that houses your SIM and memory cards.
2. Next to the SIM card slot, look for a small pin sized hole.
3. Stick a paper clip into this hole, and then press until you feel the reset button click slightly.