The Motorola Droid Turbo smartphone can be connected wirelessly to a smart TV or a TV with a wireless adapter. Get up and running with a TV connection to your Turbo with these steps.
Option 1 – Miracast Device
- If you do not have a smart TV that supports Miracast, purchase one of the following items, and connect it to an available HDMI port on your TV.
- Ensure your TV or device is setup and ready to receive video.
- From the Droid Turbo, select “Settings” > “Display” > “Cast screen“.
Ensure your TV is set to start receiving video from a device or ensure the Input setting is set to the HDMI port your Fire TV or Miracast adapter is connected to. Once “Cast screen” is selected, the device will start looking for a TV to connect with and should start mirroring video and audio. If it doesn’t work for you, there may be additional setup required for your particular TV. Look in the user guide for your TV for more information.
Option 2 – Chromecast
- If you do not have a smart TV that supports Chromecast, you can (Ebay link) and connect it to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Ensure the Chromecast and Droid Turbo are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Chromecast app on the Droid Turbo.
- Follow the wizard to setup your device with your TV.
- Apps like Netflix and YouTube will now have a “Cast” button within the app that you can use to send the video to the Chromecast and TV. If you want to mirror everything on the device, open the Chromecast app, select “Menu” , choose “Cast Screen / audio“, then select your Chromecast device in the list.
How can I connect my Droid Turbo to a TV using a cable?
This is not currently supported. Only wireless connections are supported at this time.