Don’t like the home screen on the Kindle Fire? Neither do I. So I changed it to make it look like the stock Android screen. You can easily do this using Go Launcher EX. And you don’t even need to root the device to do this.
1. Go to your settings gear > More > Device and set the Unknown sources option to On.
2. Download the Go Launcher EX apk file. You can use the Kindle Fire browser to do this and save the file directly to the device. You can also use your computer, then transfer it over via USB cable.
4. Open ES File Explorer and navigate to where you saved the file in step 1. Tap the file to launch the installer, then walk through the steps to install the app.
5. Tap Done, then tap the Home button at the bottom of the screen. You should get a prompt that asks whether you’d like to complete the action using GO Launcher EX. Check the Use by default for this action box then tap Go Launcher EX.
6. The Home screen of the Kindle Fire will now look like stock Android.
Note that some functions don’t work like Shortcuts. But you can add widgets and applications by tapping and holding on the Home screen. If you ever want access to the items on the old Kindle Fire Home screen, tap the app slider then select Launcher.Last modified April 30, 2013