It took me a bit of time to figure out how to scan documents using my new Canon Pixma MX340 printer. The instructions aren’t located in the physical manual. I finally figured out how to do it though after a few hours of playing with it.
- Install the MP Navigator EX software located on the disc that came with the printer. If you don’t have the disc, you can download the software from the Canon website.
- Go to “Start” > “Programs” > “Canon Utilities” > “MP Navigator EX” > “MP Navigator EX“.
- Select “Photos/Documents” or “Stack of Documents“.
- If “Photos/Documents” was selected, open the top of the scanner and place the document you wish to scan on the glass with the top facing to the left. If “Stack of Documents” was selected, flip the plastic tray open on the top of the printer and place the stack of papers in the tray.
- Select the “Document Type” in the left pane, then click the “Scan” button.
- The scanning process should start. When it’s finished, select “Save” to save the document(s) as a JPEG, or select “Save as PDF” to save it in PDF format.