The Canon Pixma MG5220 printer has the ability to scan documents to your computer. Before you try any scanning though, you have to have the proper software installed and know the steps.
1. Install the MP Navigator EX software located on the disc that came with the printer. If you don’t have the disc, you can obtain the software on the Canon website.
2. Select Start > Programs > Canon Utilities > MP Navigator EX > MP Navigator EX.
3. Select Photos/Documents.
4. Open the top of the scanner and place the document you wish to scan on the glass.
5. Set preferences on the screen as needed. Select the Scan button when ready.
6. The Pixma 5220 should start the scanning process. When it’s finished, select Save to save the document(s) as a JPEG, or select Save as PDF to save it in PDF format.