Import your contacts from Outlook to your BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone by setting it up to sync.
1. Download and install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software.
2. Connect the handheld to the computer using the USB cable.
3. Launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
4. Click the Synchronize option.
5. Click Synchronization on the left pane, then click the Synchronization button.
6. Click Address Book.
7. Select Microsoft Outlook. Click Next.
8. Choose the sync preferences. I like Two way sync so any changes on either system are updated. Click Next.
9. Select the Outlook profile that contains your data. Click Next. Be sure to select the correct one. If you sync and no data gets transferred, this setting here is usually the reason.
10. Click Finish.
11. Do the following:
- Click Synchronize on the left pane.
- Check the Synchronize organizer data box.
- Click the Synchronize button.
12. The BlackBerry Curve will start to sync with Outlook. You may get a prompt to Accept the changes.
That’s it! Your Contacts should now be imported to the BlackBerry Curve handheld.