You can block text messages from a specific number or contact on your Android device with a third-party solution.
1. Download and install Handcent SMS for your text messaging needs. It’s available in the Android Market.
2. Since you’ll be using Handcent for text messaging, disable the Messaging notifications. Otherwise, you’ll get 2 notifications for text messages.
3. While viewing the list of text messages, tap and hold your finger on the contact or number you wish to block from sending you messages, and select Blacklist.
4. Tap OK to confirm.
Now all of the text messages from that person will be blocked and not visible in the app. You won’t get notifications you’ve received a message from the person either. If you ever want to unblock the person, open Menu > Settings and check Show blacklist. The person will be show again and you can then tap and hold the user, then select Unblacklist.
Sending an Automatic Reply
If you want to let a person know they have been blocked, you will need to download and install SwiftReply. SwiftReply will allow you to setup an auto reply for specific Contacts.
1. Ensure the mobile number you wish to block is listed in your Contacts.
2. Open SwiftReply and tap the plus icon to make a new auto-reply.
3. Type the name you would like to use for the reply and the text you would like to send to the person.
4. Scroll down and select Enable User Filter > Contacts.
5. Tap Add and choose the people in your Contacts list that you would like to receive the reply. Tap Done when your list is complete.
6. Tap Save, then tap Off to turn the auto-reply on.
The specified people will now receive your message automatically and Handcent will block them from your view.Last modified March 21, 2012