Hard reset your Motorola Atrix smartphone if you wish to wipe all data from the device. There are a couple of ways to accomplish a hard reset. One uses the menus, the other uses hardware buttons.
If you can access the Android OS menus on the phone, this option is preferred.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Select Privacy.
3. Tap Factory data reset.
4. Select Reset phone.
5. Tap Erase everything.
The Atrix will then finish the hard reset process.
If your phone has issues and won’t boot normally, this is the option to use.
1. With the phone off, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
2. A Fastboot screen should appear. Press Volume Down to navigate to the Android Recovery selection.
3. Press Volume Up.
4. A yellow triangle and Android logo will appear. Push the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously. You may have to try this a few times until the recovery screen appears.
5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.
6. Tap Yes then OK.
7. The Atrix will take a moment to perform the factory reset. When completed, select reboot system now then tap OK.
This will clear all internal memory on the phone. SD card data is preserved, so if you’re transferring ownership of the phone or sending it back to the store, you may want to format the SD card as well. You can do so under Settings > SD card & phone storage.