Factory hard reset your HTC Inspire 4G if you wish to reset the device to factory default settings. A hard reset will erase all data from the memory of the device and return the phone to how it was when it was pulled out of the box.
Using hardware keys
This option is preferred when you can’t boot into the Android OS because of a malfunction.
1. Power the phone off.
2. Press and hold Volume Down and Power.
3. Keep holding both buttons until you see the Android logos appear on the screen.
4. Use the Volume Down button to toggle the selection and highlight Factory Reset.
5. Use the Power button to choose Factory Reset.
The HTC Inspire 4G will then complete the hard reset process. SD card data like music and photos should be preserved.
If you can boot into the device, you can use this option.
1. Tap the application slider and select the Settings app.
2. Select SD & phone storage.
3. Choose Factory data reset.
4. Select Reset phone.
5. Select Erase everything.